February 29, 2024 @ 8:15 am – March 2, 2024 @ 5:00 pm
The Transforming Outcomes Data into Management Information Institute takes you through the steps required to plan and conduct a program of outcomes management and quality improvement. The three-day, hands-on institute includes:
- Extensive review of CARF standards on performance management and improvement
- Performance indicator development to support your organization’s core mission and values
- Outcomes system design and data collection
- Data analysis, interpretation, and management reporting
- Identifying quality improvement (QI) ideas to propose action plans and support evidence-based decisions
The institute is recommended for individuals who design, manage, analyze, or interpret outcomes data in the health and human services fields, including Aging Services and Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), Behavioral Health, Child and Youth Services, Employment and Community Services, Medical Rehabilitation, and Opioid Treatment Programs. The institute is appropriate for administrators, data analysts, and managers; directors of quality improvement; program managers; information management specialists; executive directors; and direct service providers.
Sample outcomes data and off-the-shelf software are used to teach skills needed to develop an outcomes program consistent with the CARF standards. The institute includes different computer labs structured to meet the learning needs of participants with a broad range of computer and data analysis expertise.
- An overview of how to use outcomes concepts and techniques as a tool to drive program decisions and improve business practice.
- How to set up and use a framework for evaluating your program’s performance.
- The overall processes and strategies for the collection and analysis of outcomes data.
You will also learn to:
- Develop skills in the planning of data collection procedures, including sampling strategies, characteristics of data collection tools, quality control procedures for data collection, and database layout.
- Analyze outcomes data to examine central tendencies and trends, create control charts for summary statistics, use presentation graphics to explore data distributions and individual outliers, and examine differences in program outcomes that suggest areas for program improvement.
- Use data exploration and data mining to prioritize your data analyses efforts.
- Develop charts, tables and other visualization tools to display data and summarize relevant outcomes in your management reports and presentations.
- Use data analysis results to evaluate performance indicators and develop a management report to identify a performance improvement action plan.
The Transforming Outcomes Data into Management Information Institute is co-sponsored by CARF International and Boston University. Over the past 25 years, thousands of participants have been trained and applied the skills learned to a quality improvement program in their own setting.
Example Supervisor Letter
A template of a letter requesting supervisor approval to attend this event is provided for convenience. Simply insert your organization’s information where prompted.
Please join us for an informative and enriching learning experience.
All presentations and materials are provided in English.