Skip to Main Content

Advanced Search

Customer Connect Login | Payer Login | Surveyor Login

CARF Canada | CARF Europe | uSPEQ®

  • How to submit feedback or resolve a complaint with a CARF-accredited provider

    As part of our continuing effort to improve the quality of services of CARF-accredited providers, feedback from consumers, employees, and others is used to strengthen the value of CARF accreditation. Anyone can register feedback about a provider that is accredited by CARF. Remember that it is as important to acknowledge the strengths of a provider as it is to cite its weaknesses.

    • You may summarize your comments or concerns by completing the online contact form. Please include the name of the service provider, its city and state or province, and your own name and complete address so that we may acknowledge your feedback.
    • You may email your comments or concerns to You must include the information requested above.
    • Or you may fax your feedback to:
      (520) 318-1129  
    • Or you may mail your feedback on 1 to 3 pages of paper to:
      6951 East Southpoint Road
      Tucson, AZ 85756-9407
    • Or you may call toll free (866) 510-2273 or (866) 510-CARF, which is a dedicated telephone line for receiving public feedback during business hours. (Other business calls should continue to be directed to CARF's main number.) 

      CARF's office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time), Monday through Friday, except holidays.

    Tips on resolving a complaint with a provider

    In becoming accredited by CARF, a provider demonstrates that it focuses on quality improvement, the best possible outcomes of its services, and customer satisfaction.

    However, even the best providers will receive a complaint from time to time. If you have a concern about the services you are receiving, you can take several steps.

    First, tell a staff member about your concern and ask who can help you resolve it. A CARF-accredited provider pledges to work hard to resolve concerns about its services.

    Then, if you are unable to quickly resolve the concern, ask a staff member to tell you how to use the formal complaint/grievance process. A CARF-accredited provider must have a formal complaint/grievance procedure available to the people it serves and other interested persons.

    Finally, if you feel your concern is not resolved through the grievance process, you may want to contact the Protection and Advocacy agency in your state, province, or territory. You might also contact the governmental agency that is responsible for licensing the provider to operate, making referrals, or funding the services.

Legal notices  Careers  Contact Us

Text: A A A